When you plan to spend a day on the water, the last thing you anticipate will happen is an accident. Sadly, they do occur and without boat insurance you could end up paying out of pocket for damage caused by accident involving your watercraft. Boat insurance isn't mandatory In Florida, meaning it's not required by law to own or operate a vessel. Our agents at Reinas Insurance Agency will help you as a resident of Florida to make an exemplar decision to acquire the best boat insurance to protect you against problems as a boat owner.
What is boat insurance? This is an insurance policy that provides coverage for boats and personal watercraft. Boat insurance can cover sailboats, bowriders, fishing boats, pontoon boats, leisure crafts, paddle boats, and yachts.
What does boat insurance cover? Depending on your policy boat insurance cover:
- Damage caused by a collision.
- Bodily harm or property damage.
- Damage or stolen equipment kept on your boat.
- Towing of a disabled watercraft.
- Sinking and vandalism
In Florida, the following boat insurance policies are covered:
- Property damage liability: This policy provides for the cost of damage you may cause to someone else's boat, property, a dock, or structures in case of an accident.
- Bodily injury liability: Prevent you from paying out of pocket money for medical bills and other related costs associated with injuries to other people.
- Collision damage: This type of cover caters for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: It helps you to pay for resulting expenses when your watercraft collide with an uninsured or underinsured boater, resulting in injuries and damages to you and your passengers.
Having a boat insurance policy in Florida can help you offset the risks associated with operating a boat on the water. For any questions, quotes, or information, call us or visit our Reinas Insurance Agency website.